The South Amherst Congregational Church (part of the United Church of Christ) is looking for an Education Director. Ideally this candidate is organized, enjoys working with children, can manage teachers, and is creative. The job is 25 hours a week (flexible hours) for $25K and four weeks paid vacation. Here is the list of responsibilities:
- Coordinates the Sunday School calendar
- Recruits, trains, and supports Sunday School teachers and nursery attendants
- Designs and ensures the proper implementation of Sunday School curriculum
- Maintains contact with current families and serves as an ambassador for the CE program to potential families
- Works collaboratively with local churches to provide programming and faith formation for youth group
- Assists the Pastor in maintaining an active social media presence to extend the reach of our ministry
- Coordinates and encourages participation in programs that nurture our faith and family lives through education, service, fellowship, and worship.
The South Amherst Congregational Church is an open and affirming progressive church that prides itself on its green initiatives.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please email Kerry.
An added bonus? The church is right next door to the Munson Library. Woot!