The Burnett Gallery Committee, at the Jones Library in Amherst, is seeking volunteers to help oversee the Gallery. Committee members need not be artists, simply patrons of the arts. The gallery exhibits the work of local artists, who receive month-long shows.
· Attendance at one-hour monthly meetings, held the first Tuesday of the month, in the evening.
· Acting as the contact / informational resource person for exhibiting artists once or twice annually (may include giving artists a tour of the gallery and equipment, regular e-mails with the artist to make sure they're on track for their show, attending the artist's opening reception, and answering general questions).
· Participation in our annual jury process, held in November.
· A sense of humor and the ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
· occasional editing of library materials and other light administrative/secretarial duties as required
· Please note: Committee members do NOT exhibit in the gallery on a regular basis. Anyone who would like to apply to exhibit is invited to visit the Library website for details about the Gallery and the application process.
Training is provided. We are an enthusiastic, good-natured group. Interested parties should contact the committee chair; Betzi@SylvanQuilts.com or the Gallery Secretary; Arthur Mange at email@example.com.